Education for Hope (EFH) continues to employ strategic initiatives toward realizing our vision and getting our mission underway. While some of these steps and accomplishments may have been modest, all of them are crucial to our work and to strengthening the foundation on which we will build our future successes.
In 2013 EFH accomplished the following:
- revenues grew by 29 percent to $9,034
- completed the Rotumba Primary School
- established an office space in Freetown, Sierra Leone, and hired an in country staff
- completed the formal registration process—EFH is recognized by the Sierra Leone Government as a local charity
- donated sport packs to the pupils and teachers of the Rotumba Primary School, All Nation School, and Sierra Leone National School for the Deaf, each containing a dictionary, notebooks, and pencils
- donated dictionaries to the Peace Corps and the Sierra Leone Library Board
- broke ground on the Three Communities Primary School project where Phase II is underway
- and continued to advocate for better educational policies in Sierra Leone
Our success would not have been possible without the support of our volunteers and the generous gifts of our donors.
Thank you—together we are changing lives!